There is nothing more comforting than sitting down to a nice, hot meal after a long day. It’s a great way to reconnect as a family and unwind, too. Wise old women will tell you that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, but any experienced man will also tell you that one of the best ways to impress a lady is to cook for her. We all need some kitchen skills, from young students living alone to moms and dads feeding their family.
Usually after a busy day at work, though, the last thing anyone wants to do is slave over a hot oven. Luckily, there are plenty of tips and tricks that you can use to make cooking at home a total breeze.
- Run some water over stale bread and throw it in the oven to make it fresh and crunchy. If all you’ve got is a loaf of bread that is getting a bit stale, but you don’t have time to run to the store and get some more, just run it through some water and put it in the oven for 5-10 minutes. You can also wrap it in a damp towel and then pop it in the oven. It will be fresh and crunchy like you just baked it.
- Peeling garlic is such a hassle. The delicate outer skin sticks to everything—and that includes to the garlic bulb itself! If you want to peel garlic quickly, all you need to do is put the garlic in a bowl with a lid and shake it very hard. When you’re done, you’ll have naked garlic.
- Can’t stand that annoying dust near the end of a packet? Just use a colander!
- You have guests arriving any minute now, and your beverages are all lukewarm? Well, have no fear, just take a few wet paper towels and wrap them around the bottles before throwing them in the freezer. It will cool your drinks down incredibly fast.
- Melt some chocolate into a bowl and then dip an inflated balloon in it so that the chocolate sticks all around it in a semicircular shape. Once it has cooled down just pop the balloon and take it out. Voila! You now have chocolate bowls to serve your dessert in.